Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Water

I love water, especially the sound of water that is running or falling, so I am thrilled with our new garden addition, this four tiered fountain. We got this because of some renovations we had done by Rona. They showered us with gift cards and so card in hand I descended into deepest Scarborough to transport this back to Whitby. It is truly amazing what you can get into a Focus hatchback! We got it home, loaded it into the wheel barrow and cautiously  wheeled it to the patio, unloaded it, filled it up with water, plugged it in and voila, my own miniature Niagara Falls, without the barrel. I have had a grin on my face ever since. Right now I am at the dining room table and I can still hear it, gurgling, splashing, just a sound of sheer joy for me. Closest thing I will ever have to a full blown water fall in my backyard.
The sound of running water is very soothing to us human beings. If you Google 'water fall sounds' you get pages and pages of waterfall sounds to help you sleep. I just happily sit outside and read and write or garden with running water as my sound track. I tried in vain in two different ways to embed a sound file from the fountain, if anyone has tips on how to do that I would love to know!
 

 
 
 
We are all stressed out and seeking some peace in the chaos. Whether its a lake, a river, an ocean, a desk top water feature or a fountain in the backyard, we all need something that calms the heart and reduces the constant fight or flight state that far too many of us are in today. For me, just listening to this makes me ridiculously happy. I'm sure it will look great in my office through the winter... I'm only half kidding about that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment